2010年3月9日 星期二

Why Did I Decide to Go to College?

Language skill and a college diploma are the basic requirements when it comes to looking for a job nowadays. It is not easy to find a better job if I do not have any skills or a college degree.

Before I went to college, I thought about studying English abroad because my English was very pool. At first I thought my English would become better if I study in a foreign country. However, my parents said, “You are too old to study abroad. You are no longer young, and you may not be able to earn more money or find the right person to get married easily after you study overseas.” I was so frustrated ; therefore, I went traveling with my friend in Thailand in 2005. This was the 1st trip I took as a break from work and the first time I went overseas. After coming back from Thailand and because of the poverty gap, I had changed my mind and decided to learn English and get a college degree in 2008.

Going to school was an important decision I had to make since I was always busy at work and I did not have much time to study. Most of my friends graduated from college, but I only graduated from a two-year college. So I decided to further my education at Lunghwa University of Science and Technology in 2008, which was the decision I will never regret in my life.

My parents disagreed when I passed on the exam because I was too busy to study and they were worried that I could not manage all the hard work. My friends also thought I would not have leisure time if I went to study every weekend, I still made my up to be a student at Lunghwa University of Science and Technology.

There are many kinds of advantages as a college student here in Taiwan. First, I do not have to spend too much money learning English. Second, I do not have to give up my job. Third, I can gain more information and knowledge from school.

To make a conclusion, studying abroad is not the only way to learn English. Although I do not have the chance to study in other countries, I can find other ways to learn the language well. I believe I can upgrade myself if I keep on learning.

沒有留言:

張貼留言