2009年1月25日 星期日

Lunar New Year !













Ever year about this time, the same things happen. Busy cities empty, traditional markets fill with holiday shoppers, and people journey home.
Many Lunar New Year traditions, like gather with family, eat some holiday treats and celebrate these have been going on for years.
On New Year's Eve, families stay up past midnight, gambles, play games or watch TV. In many places, the sound of firecrackers and fireworks becomes deafening as midnight approaches. In major cities, this popular activity has died down because of the safety concerns. One tradition that refuses to change that is the giving of red envelopes after the evening meal. I also gave the red envelopes to my parents, younger sister and younger brother. But I am surprised that this is the first time I received the red envelope from my younger brother, I am so happy !!!!

沒有留言:

張貼留言